Monday, May 9, 2016

PRAYER: AMERICA NEEDS "A GREAT AWAKENING"

25 years ago I was living in a small town in Oregon where in the area racism was quite entrenched. Coming originally from Hawaii with it's mixed ethnic and racial culture, I really didn't have much of a clue as to all that. 

I had a pastor/friend there and we used to joke around a little with each other. I called him one day but had to leave a message. I was going to say something funny but the strangest thing happened when instead of saying what I was going to I found myself saying, "My name is  Katinka Motobu and I am from Nigeria. I am staying at the house of Paul Rapoza. The Lord has shown us to bring 400 African evangelists to come and aid the believers in your area and I would like to speak to you." I got off the phone and said to the Lord, "WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?" and "WHO is Katinka Motobu?" 

I never heard from that pastor again and some months later we were warned to flee for our lives. Every once in a while I would remember that instance on the phone and being perplexed all over again I would ask the Lord, "Lord, Who is Katinka Motobu?" Probably a couple years after that happened, when I asked that question again, the words came to me, "Katinka Motobu is the spirit (or angel) of the Church at Nigeria." I didn't know exactly what He meant then but I do now over 20 years later. 

The picture enclosed in this post is only a tiny glimpse of the work of the Holy Spirit through the "spirit" of the Church at Nigeria. Hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of small christian gatherings from miles and miles around all coming together for days in the Spirit of the unity of the whole Church once given to the early saints. Going from city to city and now spreading over many parts of Africa. Millions gathering together under the power of the Holy spirit with millions overall getting touched by God and being saved. Hundreds if not thousands being healed. 

If we are going to pray and ask God for anything that is sufficient to save this nation, let us pray for this: A massive outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a "Great Awakening" the likes of which this country of 300+ million people (Christian or non-Christian) have ever seen. 

"Without vision, the people perish." - Proverbs 29:18


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave thoughtful and constructive comments. Comments are moderated...