Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gotta Love Mr. Fixit

I am a carpenter/handyman by trade. I like what I do. I like fixing things for people.

The last couple weeks though I have told a few people, sort of jokingly, that "nobody ever calls me anymore unless they want something fixed!!" I've said it several times this last couple weeks and even though it got to be quite funny, by and large it has been true - Unfortunately.

Nobody ever calls me to say something like, "I just wanted to hear your voice." Well yesterday I was unloading my van and while I was pulling stuff out of it, I suddenly had a very clear awareness of God saying the exact same thing:

"Nobody ever calls ME anymore unless they want something fixed!! Much less calls to tell ME 'I just wanted to hear your voice.'"

Honestly, I chuckled. I understood what He was saying really well. Sometimes God will allow us to go through something so we can understand what He is saying or what someone else is going through in our hearts - not just in our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please only leave thoughtful and constructive comments. Comments are moderated...